Here is the numerical assessment of the legal files registered and monitored by the National Union of Cameroonian Footballers (SYNAFOC) during the year 2018
A total of 48 files and other requests were registered by the Legal Department of SYNAFOC in 2018. Of these 48 cases, there are 47 disputes (players against clubs) and a case of distress, the statistics are as follows:
- 41 cases come from the national championships
- 7 cases come from abroad
- 22 cases have already been resolved, including 3 by the National Dispute Resolution Chamber (CNRL) of FECAFOOT and 19 consensually.
- 10 cases are waiting for additional files by the players for the rest of the procedure, including referral to the jurisdictional bodies
- 15 cases are still in progress, including 5 in the National Dispute Resolution Chamber (CNRL) of FECAFOOT
- 1 non-contentious case is followed by a young player abroad.
It should be noted that in 2018, the complaints of footballers registered in the Legal Department of SYNAFOC focused on the following aspects:
- non-payment of wages and bonuses
- abusive and unilateral breach of contract
- non-assistance of players in case of injur
- non-possession of copies of contracts by players
It should be remembered that the year 2018 was marked by the dissolution of the National Dispute Resolution Chamber (CNRL) of FECAFOOT. A dissolution ordered by the Normalization Committee of Maitre Dieudonné Happi. Thus, for lack of CNRL - for almost eight months - SYNAFOC could not effectively defend the rights of its members.